Pages

Sunday 15 December 2013

First week-end

Here is some news on my first week-end in Istanbul.
The main thing is that I have just found my flat. Finding a flat in less than a week is no mean feat! I think I have visited between 15 and 20 flats before falling for the most unique flat. We are in the paperwork at the moment, so I am waiting to hold the keys before believing that I’m going to have a flat with a mezzanine and a small terrace with the most breathtaking view of the world bar none!  I’ll certainly try to do a flat tour on here!
Today I took it easy and went to explore my future neighborhood. It’s called Şişhane (It’s pronounces Sheesharney) or Tomtom and it is very central, very trendy, very arty but also surprisingly very traditional in many ways.  Indeed, in my street, people still tie a rope to a basket, throw it by the window and wait for the shop keepers to fill it with what they ordered.
So I can’t wait!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Des nouvelles de ma première semaine à Istanbul.
Le plus important et que je viens de trouver mon futur appartement. Trouver un appart en moins d’une semaine n’est pas aisé ! Je pense avoir visité entre 15 et 20 apparts avant d’avoir un coup de cœur pour un appart’ vraiment unique. Nous sommes en plein dans les papiers, donc j’attends de tenir les clefs de mon chez-moi avant de croire que je vais pouvoir profiter d’un appart’ avec une mezzanine et d’une petite terrasse qui offre la vue la plus incroyable sur toute la ville ! Je ferai certainement une visite en vidéo sur ce blog.
Aujourd’hui, j’ai pris le temps d’aller explorer mon futur voisinage. Ca s’appelle Şişhane (prononcé Chichané) ou Tomtom et c’est au cœur d’Istanbul, c’est un quartier en vue, très artistique mais également très traditionnel. En effet dans ma rue, les gens attachent font descendre un panier en osier par la fenêtre à l’aide d’une corde et attendent que les marchands y déposent leur commande.
Je suis impatient !