Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Asia

Today was a great day for me and not because of Xmas. I was invited at one of our subcontractor's facilities in Istanbul-Anatolian side. So I crossed the Bosphorus and went to Asia! It was really nice, for they did the whole shabang for me: French flag, food, meet and greet and a tour of the facility (I had to wear a sterile sciency outfit complete with cap... Well!!) They all were really nice to me and complimentary about my Turkish!
Also, on my way back to Europe, I have found this one church where they were celebrating Xmas so I stopped by and felt Christmassy for a while :)
-------------------------------------
Aujourd'hui était une journée spéciale pour moi, et non pas à cause de Noël. J'étais invité chez un de nos sous-traitants a Istanbul-Anatolie. J'ai donc traversé le Bosphore et me suis rendu en Asie!
C'était super car ils ont fait la totale pour moi, drapeau français, mets turcs, séance de poignées de main et surtout une visite guidée du site. J'ai du porté une tenue stérile et une charlotte... Bref
Tout le monde était très accueillant et a fait des compliments sur mon turc!
A mon retour en Europe, je suis tombé sur cette église dans laquelle ils célébraient Noël. Je m'y suis donc arrêté brièvement afin de prendre part aux festivités.