Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

Tuğra and B-day


I finally picked my Tuğra and I am very pleased with the result.
Went modest on the framing front for it is already a huge work of art, so, no need to go any crazier. Taking to France will be another story.


When at the framing shop, I also got myself a nice picture of Galata Tower during its erection, so I think my flat looks quite typical now.


Many thanks to those of you who thought of my B-day. I celebrated it by going out in a nice restaurant with some friends. My dear friend Bénédicte even gifted me with a complete Turkish Tea set, which I have already put to good use.

Next week is seminar week, so I’ll stay at a nice hotel in Sultanahmet to attend days and days of meetings in Turkish… wish me luck.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je suis finalement allé récupérer ma Tuğra et suis ravi du résultat.
Je suis resté très modeste en ce qui concerne le cadre car le tableau est assez énorme en lui-même. Ramener tout cela en France sera une autre paire de manche.

Chez l’encadreur j’ai également acheté une photo de la Tour de Galata lors de sa construction ; mon appartement est désormais aux couleurs locales.

Merci mille fois à ceux qui ont pensé à mon anniversaire. J’ai fêté cela en dînant dans un bon restaurant avec quelques amis. Mon amie Bénédicte a même pris le soin de m’offrir un service à thé traditionnel ; service dont j’ai déjà fait bon usage.

Je suis en séminaire toute la semaine prochaine, je serai donc dans un hôtel de Sultanahmet afin d’assister à des jours et des jours de réunions en turc… souhaitez moi bonne chance.